In-office teeth whitening is a procedure that is safe for most patients with healthy teeth enamel. However, there are some risks that are involved for some patients. Understanding how safe in-office teeth whitening is and what the potential risks are help with deciding about treatment. Anyone who is looking for a way to brighten their smile…
An Inside Look At Teeth Whitening Treatments
Wanting a little more in-depth information on your teeth whitening treatment options? Good for you. Because there is a lot of information available on whitening your teeth nowadays, it can be confusing to know which teeth whitening treatment option is going to work for you and your teeth whitening needs. There are two options when it comes to getting your teeth whitened – buying an over the counter whitening product or making an appointment with your dentist for professional teeth whitening treatment.
An inside look at teeth whitening treatments
The following information allows for an inside look on today’s teeth whitening treatments.
- Both over the counter and professional teeth whitening treatments include peroxide based active ingredients. Over the counter, products will use a lesser amount of the peroxide, which means that they will need to be used more often for someone to maintain their bright, white smile.
- The teeth whitening treatment process does not take long to perform. Most teeth whitening treatments only take about an hour to complete, making it easy for busy people to get their teeth whitened.
- Not all whiteners for teeth are created the same. It is necessary to read all of the ingredients in a tooth whitening product. Not all of these products contain safe ingredients. Looking for the American Dental Association seal can be very helpful.
- To keep someone’s teeth looking white and bright, they will need to continue their teeth whitening treatments on a periodic basis. Over the counter teeth whitening options will require more applications compared to professional teeth whitening treatments.
- Over the counter whitening products will generally whiten teeth one or two shades. Professional whitening treatments can whiten teeth up to eight shades!
Those who have porcelain crowns, dental bonding or tooth-colored fillings may find that the whitening products will not whiten any of the dental procedures performed above. This fact makes it a good idea to contact a dentist for their professional advice.
Ready to have whiter teeth?
Ready to choose a teeth whitening option that is going to meet your specific whitening needs? Great! If you happen to have any questions about the many teeth whitening treatment options available today, all you have to do is contact us so we can provide you with the answer you need. If you already know that you are ready to have your teeth professionally whitened by one of our highly experienced dentists, then go ahead and call us now so we can schedule you an appointment for your teeth whitening treatment. Once the procedure is over, you will be proud to show off your new, bright smile!
Call (818) 883-7031 today to reach Gentle Biodentistry.
Undergoing teeth whitening from a dentist is a great way to achieve a brighter smile. Dentists can safely administer teeth whitening trays so that patients have a customized treatment plan. One question that comes along with teeth whitening trays is how long they are to be worn. Keep reading to find out what a dentist…
Teeth Whitening can provide a number of benefits, but what a lot of people don’t think about is what the aftercare is like once the treatment process is over. In this article, we will go over some aftercare tips that are great to know. Being able to care for the teeth once they are freshly…
If you want a better smile - try teeth whitening. There are many ways people can damage their smile. One of the most common is using products and living a lifestyle that stains your teeth. Coffee, tea, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, and a multitude of other products that have become part of our daily life,…